I've noticed a bunch of segfaults lately in apache's log:
[Sun Jan 25 23:51:36 2004] [notice] child pid 9999 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
zlib.output_compression = Onin php.ini.
The problem was that when I installed turck-mmcache to cache compiled PHP scripts in memory/disk space, I didn't notice the
So, either PHP was trying to compress code that mmcache had already compressed, or vice versa. Either way, it lead to periodic apache segfault. But, now I have turned off zlib.output_compression since mmcache should handle the compression. It seems to speed things up quite a bit, and the gzip compression (together with mod_gzip for static pages) really helps to squeeze the most performance out of the limited upload speed I have here.
Ok, end of computer babble.
UPDATE: I may have spoken too soon. The segmentation faults continue....